I’ve Been Hooked From The Start
Posted by Becca Cord
Hello Flysters and happy Monday! Many of you may know today’s guest post author. He was mistaken as a stripper at the LaLaBec NYE Party. He is a legitimate author. He has seen many a hooker in his lifetime, but only from afar. He can handle any kind of baggage you throw at him, even emotional baggage. This guy has been one of the most devoted Flysters from the beginning. This guy faces his setbacks and never gives up on his dreams, so naturally we get along. He is my cheerleader, my supporter, clapper to my jokes, and most of all, my friend.
Please give a warm welcome to The Hook, because he is bragging on me, and that is much better than me bragging on me.
Also, here is an obligatory book plug: It’s true, I own my very own autographed copy of The Bellman Chronicles. It is sitting on my bed side table. Well, it isn’t really autographed, but maybe one day it will be. I haven’t been able to finish his book yet due to this thing called blogging that has taken over my life, but I can guarantee you that I will be taking it with me on my next vacation. Because it is fun to read about hotel visitors while being a hotel visitor, right?
Enter The Hook stage left…
Why I Love Becca: A Top Eleven List.
Because any schmuck can write a Top Ten list..
DISCLAIMER: And this is solely in the unlikely event my wife reads this, by “love”, I mean the respect that exists between two bloggers, not the hot, sweaty passion that exists between two bodies locked in the throes of passion.
1. She has a big heart. Seriously, she can’t wear a bathing suit.
2. Her talent knows no limits. She is adept in philanthropy. She can pirouette with the best of them. Heck, for all I know, she has the proportionate speed and agility of a spider…
3. Positive is her middle name. Okay, I cannot confirm this, – it could be Gladys for all I know - but I don’t believe I’ve ever read a negative post on her blog. Ever. No one can say that about me, I’ll tell you.
4. She bought my book. Yes, she was the one. I don’t know if she liked it, but she spent her hard-earned cash on it, so she’s aces in my book. So to speak.
5. Blogging, vlogging, you name it, she can do it. Before you cry foul, this is entirely separate from #2. I’m talking about social media skills here, people. Becca isn’t a one -trick pony. This filly has mad skills!
6. She is an extraordinarily cute mammal. Once again, I’m speaking platonically here. There is simply no denying her beauty.
7. She’s willing to open her heart and share the things that keep her up at night. There are millions of bloggers out there, writing about everything from baking to sex, but not everyone is willing to travel to those places that leave us vulnerable and open to ridicule. Fortunately for her readers, Becca is fearless.
8. People like her. They really like her. She’s earned the respect and friendship of the Daily Posts’ darling, Le Clown, and as Jack Nicholson once said, that ain’t bad. Actually her following is legion and growing by the minute.
9. If you haven’t read her work on The Indie Chicks, there’s something seriously wrong with you. And that’s all I have to say about that.
10. She’s willing to laugh at herself. Not to mention, she has a kick-ass work ethic and an inexhaustible supply of ambition. She’s going places, folks. And I knew her when.
11. She’s a credit to the Ginger race.
Editor’s note: Even if she is a huge dye jobbing phony.
And that’s why I love Becca.
- La Becca on Fire, by The Indie Chicks (clownonfire.wordpress.com)
- Becca and La La’s New Year’s Eve Celebration (25tofly.com)
- Move Over Boys, There’s A New Ginger In Town (ldsconvertblog.com)
About Becca CordBecca Cord is a twenty-something year old southern ballerina turned humor writer and video editor. Having lived in Louisiana her entire life, she is now perusing her travel dreams while starting her own free-lance Web Marketing business and organizing a nation wide blogging event, Blogger Interactive. She believes one of her callings is making people laugh, and she intends to do so. You can find Becca on her personal blog, Facebook page, or Twitter @becca25tofly.
Posted on January 14, 2013, in Humor, Inspirational and tagged 25tofly, Art, authors, Becca Cord, blog, blog praise, blogger turned author, Blogging, books, flysters, funny blog, humor blog, Indie Chicks, life, praise, publishing, robert hookey, successful writers, The Bellman Chronicles, The Hook Blog, WordPress, writer. Bookmark the permalink. 73 Comments.