Posted by Becca Cord
Hello and welcome to 25toFly version 2.0. It is finally 2013, which not only marks a new year for clean slates but also my second year in blogging. It also marks the year in which I originally planned to move away from Louisiana. Thinking back upon the birth of my blog, I started to realize how much it has evolved over my first year. What began as an inspirational blog about moving away, quickly became a humor blog on everything from travel and frogs to the sexual encounters of my dear friend Mr. OB.
How I have evolved has also changed over the course of that year. My goals are different. I am different. What I concluded from all of this was that writing this blog was what I needed more than a uHaul. I just didn’t know it at first. I don’t know where I will end up by this time next year. I haven’t ruled out a move, but the urgency for moving away that I felt at the beginning of 2012 has subsided. Just like the many blog posts here that began without the slightest idea or outline, I know I will figure it out. And it will be good. Just keep doing.
Now that my blogging induced awakening has been shared, I can get back to what I have come to love to do here: write stuff that I think is funny and hope you think it is funny too. Here are some updates for the new year.
1. Don’t forget: my new article over at TheIndieChicks goes live on Friday morning. They have also launched their new IC Community which is snazzy. Eat that Facebook.
2. Someone interviewed me today. I can now confirm that interviews are mad fun. You will have the exclusive opportunity to read the results of that mad fun at some point this month, so be on the lookout.
3. I know you all showed up to the big imaginary New Year’s Eve party, but in case you drank too much and hypothetically blacked out, La La and I will be recapping the night in a follow-up blog post coming soon.
4. Over the holiday I worked with a generous friend of mine who agreed to help me with a concept and photo shoot for a new blog banner. I wanted to premiere the 2013 25toFly banner today, but unfortunately brilliance takes time. So I have a placeholder there for the moment, as you can very well see.
For those of you who aren’t friends with me on my personal Facebook page or haven’t liked the 25tofly Facebook page yet, I included the unedited teaser shot of the photo-banner idea at the beginning of this post. There are even a couple of 25toFly easter eggs in there. But more importantly, like me on Facebook. Hurry, I need to confirm my worth via approval of strangers.
- Back to The Basics (25tofly.com)
- My 2013 Blogging Resolutions (theworldaccordingtogem.com)
- 2013, ready for new challenges? Join me! (vitality2day.wordpress.com)
About Becca CordBecca Cord is a twenty-something year old southern ballerina turned humor writer and video editor. Having lived in Louisiana her entire life, she is now perusing her travel dreams while starting her own free-lance Web Marketing business and organizing a nation wide blogging event, Blogger Interactive. She believes one of her callings is making people laugh, and she intends to do so. You can find Becca on her personal blog, Facebook page, or Twitter @becca25tofly.
Posted on January 2, 2013, in How I Knew, Humor and tagged 25tofly, Art, banners, Becca Cord, bfm, blog, bloggers for movember, Blogging, cameras, easter eggs, Facebook, Funny, hidden messages, humor, humor blog, life, Louisiana, mr. OB, mustaches, New Year, New Year's Eve, out of order, photography, the indie chicks, version 2.0, WordPress. Bookmark the permalink. 104 Comments.