Is it just me, or is Tuesday the most uneventful day of the week? Check it out.
- Monday may very well be the black sheep of the weekday family, but at least it is known for something. At least you can fill the hours of your day with incessant bitching.
- Wednesday is kind of like the just-popular-enough step brother of Thursday. It also is often referred to by using the word hump. The only time this is a bad thing is when you are driving over a misnamed speed
humpbump going way too fast.
- Thursday is just close enough to Friday to put some pep back in your step. It is also my favorite weekday (dubbed thirsty Thursday), because by then yours truly becomes parched, and the only remedy is Jim Beam.
- Friday = Parties, paychecks, and pandemonium. I don’t think elaboration is necessary.
- Saturday is Mecca. Saturday is that distant cousin who ran off from the weekday family to live a Summer in Paris sipping Cafe au Lait by day and squandering Absinthe by night. It is the day to sleep in, do whatever you want, and then entertain the enchanting notions of the unpredictable course Saturday night could take you.
- Finally, there is Sunday Funday. Even the most chill day of the week gets an inviting name. Host of family barbecues, abundant naps, football, catching up on housework, and maybe even a little front porch swing action, Sunday is akin to Wednesday but with slightly better genes.
What happened to Tuesday? Plain Jane and always the same. You never hear anyone say, “Dude, you will never believe what went down last Tuesday”. Okay, maybe you might, but for me Tuesdays remain the most mundane of all the days, and the only thing going down are my spirits.
Maybe I will reinvent Tuesday. It’s time to take the monotony out of Monotone Tuesday. It will finally be envied by all the other weekdays (but not the weekends of course… they are untouchable). My first thought went to Tipsy Tuesday, however, I think for sake of avoiding becoming a full-fledged alcoholic, one alcohol related weekday will have to suffice. Here is what I am thinking:
Tambourine Tuesday: Look forward to going home and playing the Tambourine to all your favorite sitcom intro songs.
Why it won’t work: I don’t own a Tambourine. Nor do I have cable.
Tuesday is slowly losing hope. How do we help it get its swag back?
- Get Locked And Loaded This Sunday Funday [14 PHOTOS] (coedmagazine.com)
- Prince Harry Taps That Ass Tambourine For The Queen! (perezhilton.com)
- Humpday Inspiration: Part II (sleepeatgymrepeat.com)
Posted on May 22, 2012, in Humor, Opinion, Silly and tagged 25tofly, Becca Cord, blog, Comedy, family, front porch swing, Funny, Home, humor, Humpday, Jim Beam, life, Paris, Sunday Funday, Tambourine, Tuesday, Weekend, WordPress, Writing. Bookmark the permalink. 10 Comments.