Doomed By My Dashboard
Well folks, it is official. I may die today. It doesn’t help that every time I glance at a clock I seem to always catch 9:11am/pm, but this is getting ridiculous. Alright, I agree death is a little extreme, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I land face down in some freshly splattered cement or catch a pipe to the dome at some point today. I do work in a construction shop after all. I think I will just sit in my office with a neon fluorescent hard hat planted on my head and call it a day. Just not move an inch. I certainly will not accept any date requests from men named Jason tonight (like I get asked on dates by anyone under fifty anyway, pshh). In all seriousness though, I am pretty elated that I have almost hit 1000 page views, and actually, I probably smirked pretty hard when I opened my stats, because I knew I could share this perfectly timed coincidence with you all. So really, it was sort of lucky. Luck on the unluckiest day? The stars are obviously confused.
Now, for the obvious question: Are you superstitious? If so, what are your personal superstitions?
[Cool discussion on superstition]
Here are a few of mine:
- I believe that if I set my car radio volume at multiples of five, the music gods will smile upon me and play my favorite songs.
- If I scratch off the free spaces of a bingo scratch off ticket as I go down the line, instead of all at once, I will have a better chance of winning.
- Stopping the microwave just before it beeps wards off evil spirits.
- Lady bugs are really bad luck. I do not like bugs. Even if they are donning a red, polka-dotted
Proceed the day with caution. May you steer clear of ladders, black cats, and mirrors… unless you are rescuing said cat from a burning building and then need to admire your heroic self afterwards. I will be driving to the capital tonight (Baton Rouge) to visit my friend Z and get my pool shooting on (I foresee a lot of scratching on the eight in my near future). Then I will be heading “down tha bayou” to Larose, LA Saturday to visit my other friend abandoning pal Booger. It is right before Cut Off, LA, which is exactly what it sounds like. The end of the world. If you go any further you will fall off into the Gulf of Mexico. May the force be with me, and also with you.
- Superstitions Spanning The Generations (djcadchina.wordpress.com)
- Friday the 13th and Other Superstitions (living4bliss.wordpress.com)
- A Broken Mirror… (autumnsunshineandgabrielleangel.wordpress.com)
Posted on April 13, 2012, in Adventures, Humor, Silly, Travel and tagged 25tofly, 911, About Me, Becca Cord, blog, entertainment, Friday 13th, Gulf of Mexico, humor, life, local, Louisiana, Luck, Music, statistics, Superstition, Travel. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.